It’s that time of year again. The kids are out of school and you may be looking for ways to not only entertain them, but to keep them learning throughout the Summer. Why not turn play time in to learning time by making aromatherapy playdough? This activity is a perfect way to teach kids about aromatherapy and essential oils. By using a variety of colors and oils you help them identify new scents and the plants from which they come. Try: wild orange, lemon, rosemary, peppermint, OR lavender.
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops essential oils
1. Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
2. Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will become dry.
3. Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
4. Once cool, add 5 drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
5. You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.
If you like what you see here, please share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
LEARN MORE about the essential oils use to live a calmer, happier, healthier life…
Learn how to GET STARTED with ESSENTIAL OILS by filling out the form below.